HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server
The no-compromise data center standard
Tomorrow’s benchmark for multi-workload compute
Purpose-built for flexibility, efficiency, and manageability
As the world’s best-selling server,1 the HP ProLiant DL380 Server is designed to adapt to
the needs of any environment, from large enterprise to remote office/branch office. With
Gen9, the DL380 just got better, offering enhanced reliability, serviceability, and continuous
availability, backed by a comprehensive warranty.
With the HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server, you can deploy a single platform to handle a wide
variety of enterprise workloads:
• Virtualization—Consolidate your server footprint by running multiple workloads on a
• Big Data—Manage exponential growth in your data volumes—structured, unstructured, and
• Storage-centric applications—Remove bottlenecks and improve performance
• Data warehousing/analytics—Find the information you need, when you need it, to enable
better business decisions
• Customer relationship management (CRM)—Gain a 360-degree view of your data to
improve customer satisfaction and loyalty
• Enterprise resource planning (ERP)—Trust the DL380 Gen9 to help you run your business in
near real time
Data sheet | HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server
Let HP help guide you to the New Style of IT. HP Technology Services delivers confidence,
reduces risk, and helps you realize greater agility and stability.
• Our Consulting services provide advice and guidance to safely move your workloads to
• HP implementation and installation services enable faster, more reliable startup of your new
ProLiant Gen9 servers, and our support portfolio allows you to get connected and get back to
• We recommend HP Proactive Care for ProLiant Gen9 servers to prevent issues and resolve
problems quickly and efficiently.
• HP Foundation Care provides a choice of coverage levels and response times for hardware
and software support.
• HP Datacenter Care enables you to operate and evolve your IT environment at a lower cost
and with more agility, including our Flexible Capacity Service to acquire IT without impacting
• Our support technology lets you tap into the knowledge of millions of devices and thousands
of experts to stay informed and in control, anywhere, any time.
Learn more at
© Copyright 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only
warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein
should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
SAP is a registered trademark of SAP AG in Germany and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of
companies. ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government. Citrix is a registered trademark of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of
its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. Intel and Intel Xeon are trademarks of Intel
Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. SD and microSD are trademarks or registered trademarks of SD-3C in the United States, other countries or both.
۴AA5-4078ENW, September 2014
In the following table, bold italic text designates a new or improved feature, as compared to the HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server.
Compute Up to two Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 series, 4/6/8/10/12/14/16/18 cores; PCIe 3.0, up to six available slot(s)
Memory HP SmartMemory (24) DDR4, up to ۲,۱۳۳ MHz (768 GB max)
Storage Standard HP Dynamic Smart Array B140i, choice of HP Flexible Smart Array or HP Smart SAS HBA controllers
FBWC ۲ GB DDR3-1,866 MHz, 72-bit wide bus at ۱۴٫۹ GB/s on P440ar
Battery HP DL/ML/SL 96 W Smart Storage Battery
HP SmartDrives ۲۴ + ۲ SFF/12 + 3 LFF max, HDD/SSD
Networking ۴ x 1GbE Embedded + choice of FlexibleLOM + Standup
VGA/serial/USB ports/SD Front VGA opt, rear VGA, and serial standard, 6 USB ۳٫۰, microSD
GPU support Single-/double-wide and active/passive up to 10.5″ (3)
On Premise management HP OneView5 and HP iLO Advance
On Cloud management HP Insight Online with enhanced mobile app
On System management Changes in HP iLO, HP Smart Update Manager (HP SUM), Intelligent Provisioning and scripting tools; plus the new UEFI and
HP RESTful Interface Tool
Power and cooling ۹۴ percent efficient with Flexible Slot FF
Hot plug fans with full N + 1 redundancy, optional high performance fans
Industry compliance ASHRAE A3 and A4, lower idle power, and ENERGY STAR
Power discovery services Supported
Location discovery services Optional
Form factor/Chassis depth Rack (2U), ۲۶٫۷۵” (SFF), ۲۸٫۷۵” (LFF)
Serviceability—easy install rails Standard